5th edition, (2019) coloured
Format: Laminated hardcover
Size: 194 x 263mm
The most comprehensive and up-to-date dictionary of Modern Greek.
- More than 150.000 senses
- Etymology of all the words of Modern Greek (including place names, personal names etc.) as well as etymology of the words which derive from ancient Greek
- 1075 notes on usage and queries on difficulties concerning grammar, spelling or vocabulary choice
- Tables on spelling, irregular verbs, the hyphenation rules, cardinal and ordinal numbers, the military ranks and the Army / Police hierarchy, the world currencies, chemical elements, the main paronyms, the Indo-European languages, the Court structure etc.
- A short history of the Greek language covering a period of 40 centuries
- An overview of grammars and dictionaries of Modern Greek since the 16th century
- A highly readable and reliable linguistic tool, providing explicit and comprehensive information
- A dictionary which broadens, deepens and enriches the knowledge and the usage of Modern Greek
What to look for in the 5th edition:
|4.700||new or revised etymologies|
|Many entries have undergone extensive elaboration, enhancement and refinement|