The Modern School Grammar of the Greek Language follows a new grammar approach, resulting from Professor G. Babiniotis’ 40 years of study of the Greek language. It is intended primarily for students and school teachers, but also for every speaker, eager to inquire, grasp and investigate the multi-faceted world of the Greek language.
The Dictionary of Derivatives and Compounds of Modern Greek offers a multifaceted focus of Modern Greek vocabulary, including cognates, derivatives and compounds. It is a rich reference tool that actually describes the way and the procedure by which words are created from other words.
- 64.000 derivatives and compounds of selected headwords
- 4.300 compound groups (on first and second component)
- 350 notes on selected entries (addressing word formation, spelling, cognates etc.)
- 300 tree diagrams depicting the derivational wealth of selected words
The Dictionary of the Most Advanced Words focuses on enriching the speaker’s vocabulary with advanced, demanding or difficult words, which are often encountered in literature and contemporary texts of various subject areas. Such words, while outside most people’s everyday vocabulary, are used at a higher communication level, when a more creative, powerful, learned and precise language is needed.
The dictionary includes 4.000 entries, followed by clear, simple and concise definitions, selected synonyms and phrases. All entries are provided with reliable etymological information. About 300 usage notes provide insight into common mistakes, differences between closely related or confused words, and meet the needs of the most demanding readers.
A practical linguistic advisor for speakers and learners of Modern Greek, specially designed to provide reliable information and clear explanations for most common errors and difficulties (in spelling, grammar, meaning, syntax, vocabulary and usage).
It focuses on the key problem areas in Modern Greek usage, dealing with those errors which practically appear in everyday spoken and written language, but also goes on to identify the problems underlying each difficulty, providing the reader
with plain, explicit answers.
(1st edition, 2011)
The Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms is an essential, practical and in-depth guide for anyone wanting to use the right word in the right place. A dictionary which broadens, deepens and enriches the knowledge and the usage of Modern Greek.
- 250.000 synonyms and antonyms
- 500 notes which explain the crucial differences between words and illuminate their usage
- synonyms / antonyms arranged to the senses of each word
(2nd edition, 2011)
The most comprehensive etymological dictionary of Modern Greek which actually depicts the history of Greek vocabulary. The essential etymological resource for the expert and the perfect book for the word lover.
- Over 35.000 entries
- Reliable and in-depth etymological information based on linguistic literature and textual sources
- Detailed discussion of word formation connected with the most important derivatives and compound.